NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
时间:2023-12-09 19:57:03 出处:자동차阅读（143）
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- BTS' V and Blackpink's Jennie break up: sources
- ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
- 북·러 또 무기거래? "나진항에 석달새 대형선박 18척 드나들어”
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
- BMW, Mercedes
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
- CHA to expand assistance for buried cultural heritage excavation
- Actors, musicians unite for Hakchon Theater's closing act